The Chicago Union are excited to bring back an expanded series of youth ultimate clinics and camps after a successful 2021 summer in partnership with Chicagoland park districts and local ultimate organizing bodies. Our Chicago Union summer camps are 2.5-hour morning or afternoon sessions Monday through Friday offering a structured experience that follows a curriculum specifically designed to introduce youth players to the sport of ultimate. We also offer single-day clinics on Saturdays in the spring upon request. Chicago Union camps and clinics are intended for boys and girls age 9-13 or for high school students age 14-18.
Spring Clinics: Spring clinic sessions are available any Saturday between April 2 and May 21.
Summer Camps: Summer camps sessions are available any week during the summer, Monday through Friday, starting June 6 and ending August 8.
|Provided by Chicago Union||Provided by Park District|
Outdoor turf or grass field space (120x40 yds)
|Equipment (cones, discs)||Participant Enrollment|
|Disc for camp participants||Registration rosters|
Certificate of Insurance (w/ PD name insured)
Camp & Clinic participants will learn:
- The basic rules and strategies of Ultimate Frisbee
- How to throw a backhand and forehand
- Proper catching techniques
- Basic offense and defense
- Spirit of the Game
- On-field and off-field leadership and teamwork skills
If COVID rates remain high in the spring/summer of 2022, Chicago Union may impose some or all additional safety precautions as outlined below:
1. All participants will be sent a COVID symptom and exposure screening survey, which must be filled out the day prior to the camp start date.
2. Participants can provide proof of Vaccination card
3. All discs and equipment used will be sanitized prior to each drill and between each repetition when possible (fresh sanitized disc piles will be made available).
4. Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in and break stations, and camp staff will have additional travel size bottles available for participants during drills upon request.
Please refer to our FAQ page for further information.
If your local park district isn't listed as currently offering ultimate, but you'd be interested in seeing an ultimate camp or clinic in your area, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or share this flyer with your park district!