Welcome to the new Atlantic! The South division is no more. Austin and Dallas have been shipped to the West. The DC Breeze & Philadelphia Phoenix join us from the East and Pittsburgh Thunderbirds from the Midwest. They bring with them two 2019 AUDL MVP finalists in Rowan McDonnell (DC & 2018 MVP) and Max Sheppard (Pitt). 2020 is going to be exciting to follow as this group of teams battle for a wide open playoff race. Early season action will be interesting as we see how these teams physically match up.
2019 Record of 7-6. Finished 3rd in the East division to earn the last playoff spot. Fell to the Toronto rush in the 1st round of the playoffs by 1 goal on the road.
21.6 ppg & 20.2 ppg allowed
Best win: 23-22 over Toronto in DC on June 15th
- #21 Rowan McDonnell was the 2018 AUDL MVP and a finalist for the award in 2019. He is active on social media, youtube, and as a youth coach. Last year Rowan had 51 assists, 67 goals and 400+ completions in 350+ points played
- #43 Nathan Prior had 32 assists, 11 goals and almost 600 completions for the Breeze
- #27 Cody Johnston had 18 assists, 6 goals, and 300+ completions in 9 games
- #23 Max Cassell had 22 assists, 28 goals and nearly 300 completions in 11 games
- #00 Jarrod Banks had 20 assists and 27 goals
- # 45 Jeff Wodatch was +22 in 7 games played
- #30 David Bloodgood and #5 AJ Merriman lead the Breeze with 12 and 11 blocks, respectively
- #9 Kenta Kawaguchi is an Georgia Tech alum who played in 5 games for the Breeze
- #14 Cole Sullivan, formerly of the TB Cannons, was listed as a Breeze player but did not appear in any games in 2019
2019 Record of 4-8. Finished 4th in the East division
18.5 ppg & 20.8 ppg allowed
Best win: 2 wins over the Toronto Rush. 18-16 win at home on May 19th and 26-24 in Toronto on June 22nd
- #81 Sean Mott lead the PHX at +43. He led the team with 52 assists on 292 completions, and blocks 12 plus he added 12 goals.
- #9 Himalaya Mehta lead the PHX with 41 goals + 5 assists and 9 blocks
- #22 Mike Arcata contributed 26 assists, 19 goals, and 6 blocks
- #4 Greg Martin scored 20 goals, with 3 assists and 4 blocks
- #99 Eric Nardelli had 11 blocks, 10 goals, and 9 assists.
- #0 Dustin Damiano connected on 289 passes for 11 assists plus 7 goals and 3 blocks.
2019 Record of 9-5 after starting 0-3. Finished 2nd in the Midwest division on a tie breaker to the Indy Alleycats (1-2 H2H). The Thunderbirds defeated the Chicago Wildfire in the 1st round of the playoffs and then fell to the Alleycats in Indy.
21.3 ppg & 19.3 ppg allowed
- #1 Max Sheppard, including the playoffs, was +103! For the regular season he made a convincing MVP campaign and was electric in the AUDL all-star game. He had 55 assists, on 233 completions, 57 goals, and 9 blocks.
- #8 Thomas Edmonds had 41 assists on 500+ completions in 10 games plus 26 goals and 5 blocks
- #95 Sam VanDusen racked up 33A, 8G, & 8 blocks
- #48 Jimmy Towle was +33 with 12A, 25G, 10 blocks
- #15 Dylan Best contributed 15 assists and 18 goals with 200+ completions
- #6 Anson Reppermund tallied an impressive 26 blocks along with 12A on 70 completions plus 9G.
- #24 Alex Thomas was +24 with 6A, 13G, & 10 blocks
- #81 Tyler Degirolamo played in 2 games for the Thunderbirds in 2019. In 2015 he had 86 assists and was + 105.
- #10 Adam Burgess, a UGA and Hustle alum played in 9 games. He threw 7 assists on 100+ completions with 4 goals and 5 blocks.
- #7Mark Fedorenko has a sister who played for Atlanta Ozone in 2018
*2019 Atlanta Hustle were 5-7 with 20.5 ppg and 20.2 ppg allowed, finishing 3rd in the South division. Our best win was a 23-19 victory to end the season vs the Dallas Roughnecks. Dallas would go on to win the division championship and fall to the NY Empire in the AUDL championship game.
If you want to do a deeper diver check out these team stats pages.