The Social Media Manager will work to develop effective campaigns and digital strategies to grow awareness of the team and drive engagement across multiple social media platforms. This is a part-time paid position, averaging roughly 5-10 hours per week (fluctuating by time of year).
Under the supervision of the General Manager, and in collaboration with additional organizational leadership (and any related interns), the Social Media Manager will:
• Identify and curate social media content that engages our fan base throughout the season
• Assist with design and creation of game day related social media assets (roster announcements, match-up graphics, game summaries)
• Handle and direct necessary content creation in partnership with the AUDL marketing team
• Create engaging social media posts following game day leveraging available photos and video highlights
• Assist with cross-functional marketing campaigns, including games, contests and giveaways
• Help deliver and implement campaigns attached to team sponsorship and partnerships across all social media platforms during the course of the season
• Attend Wind Chill events as needed to capture organic content with players, coaches, and fans
Qualifications: The candidate needs to have/be
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Teammate and self-starter with a positive attitude.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications to edit photo, video, and graphic assets for use in social media
• Experience working across all current social media platforms (Including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok)
• Ability to create engaging social media copy with minimal guidance.
Bonus: The candidate has
• Availability to attend all 6-7 home games in Saint Paul between May 2023 and August 2023
• Familiarity with the sport of ultimate, the AUDL, and our team.
If interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.