If you are looking to build or begin a career in the sports industry, start with the Raleigh Flyers! We are looking to bring on a statistician that will be responsible for tracking player statistics from our games throughout the season. This is a great opportunity to bolster the resume and get some important sport related experience during home and away games!
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor while representing the Raleigh Flyers.
- Attend all Flyers home and away games and potential playoff games (April through July), to ensure 100% accuracy, timeliness, and consistency in the reporting of game statistics for our organization.
- Track statistics during all games, including active rosters, line players, substitutions, passes, scores, blocks, completions, catches, turnovers, etc.
- Utilize the newly designed AUDL stats app, and have an iPad tablet provided to you for the duration of the season.
- Become very familiar with the Flyers 2020 roster to ensure accurate reporting of statistics during the game
- Provide feedback to AUDL as necessary on potential improvements or adjustments to improve the AUDL stats app.
- Serve as the official statistician representative for the Flyers, communicating with league representatives to troubleshoot any issues related to team statistics.
- Strong knowledge of ultimate, including rules, positions, strategies, and terminology.
- Understanding of the AUDL and differences between professional and club games.
- Excellent organization and mathematical skills.
- Ability to organize and report data effectively and intuitively.
- Must be able to take direction and adapt quickly in fast-paced situations.
- Ability to collaborate with 1-2 other people to collect stats during games.
- Attend a pre-season meeting with other stats team members to familiarize yourself with the system.
Prior experience with stats keeping is preferred, but not required. Training will be provided. Current or former ultimate players, statistics graduates looking for experience, and those generally interested in following ultimate are welcome to apply.
The Team Statistician is a paid contract position that will likely require less than 5 hours per week between now and July. Must be able to get to Durham County Stadium regularly for home games and travel with the team for away games on weekends between April and July.
Perks include free entry to every game, a 2020 Flyers staff shirt, a free 2020 Flyers replica jersey and the glory of being in charge of all the numbers! All travel costs including road meals, shared lodging and transportation will be covered.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “STATS MASTER” in the subject line. Include your resume detailing your statistics and ultimate background and let us know why you want to work with the Flyers this season. Applicants must be 18 or older.