Do you love hosting parties? Do you have the moves? Can you get the party started? We are looking for an outgoing, friendly, energetic person to engage our crowd during each home game. If you are the kind of person who loves to make sure everyone is having a good time, we want you as our hype person! No ultimate experience necessary. Applicants must be 18 or older.
The Game Day Experience Manager requires attendance at all 6 home games throughout the season. Home game dates are 4/29, 5/13, 5/21, 5/26, 6/16, 7/15 with possible playoff dates of 7/29 and 8/12 at Durham County Memorial Stadium. It will require some time and effort outside of game day itself based on the duties required.
- Arrive early to assist in event setup for each of the 6 Flyers home games
- Interact with fans before, during and after the game to make sure they are having fun. This may include talking with people on a microphone/PA system, leading dance-offs, high fiving and chanting/cheering for the Flyers.
- Brainstorm home game themes and promotions involved with each, such as planning giveaways, contests, outreach efforts, etc. (First Responder Night, Teacher Appreciation Night, Heroes/Villains Night, Decades)
- Brainstorm and implement ways to get the crowd engaged before and during games including, but not limited to dance offs, sign making contests, half time competitions, water balloon tosses. Use your imagination!
- Reach out to prospective special guests for home games including coin toss special guests, national anthem performers, halftime talent, pre-game performers.
- Act as liaison between the Flyers and any special guests for the game, including coin toss special guests, performers, groups in attendance and/or sponsors.
- Implement themes and activations during home games including engaging with fans, finding contest participants and running contests in cooperation with the DJ and PA Announcer and coordinating in-game youth clinic.
- Assist mascot with navigation of crowd, getting water and giveaway items
- Assist in breakdown and storage/loading of supplies post game.
Prior event management experience helpful. Must be a friendly, outgoing, people person. To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with FLYERS HYPE PERSON in the subject line to apply. Tell us about a time that you got the party going and why you want to work with the Flyers. This position is paid per game.