March 4, 2021
Catching up with Cascades
- Seattle Cascades General Manager Xtehn Titcomb Frame is working in collaboration with the coaching staff to design a tryout process for this season, and he is working on forming a team this month in order to have the team members in-shape and cohesive before the season starts. They have decided to go forward with a virtual and application based tryout, instead of a large in-person tryout. This was a tough decision, as the in-person, on-field tryouts are “usually a very exciting tradition,” says Titcomb Frame.
- A majority of the 2020 roster have expressed interest in playing in 2021. Keep an eye out for some exciting new additions and upcoming roster announcements!
- Cascades player Marc Munoz and his family recently faced a tragic loss as their house was completely burned down. Munoz has always been very involved in the Seattle ultimate community, and is a Cascades AUDL player ambassador. “Since Marc joined the Cascades in 2018, his passion and enthusiasm have inspired me. It’s awesome to see how his teammates and the Seattle ultimate community look up to him,” says GM Xtehn Titcomb Frame. Marc and his family have received an outpouring of support from the community already, but are still accepting any donations possible. To help support Marc and his family, you can donate to the go fund me using this link.
- ICYMI: Last week, the AUDL created an Athletic Care Network (ACN) for all 22 teams in the league. The ACN will provide a Head Team Physician to ensure oversight of healthcare policies and manage the care of athletes for each individual franchise.
- Also last week, the AUDL hosted a “Player Voices: Being Black in Ultimate” panel featuring accomplished players from various teams discussing their ultimate experiences and favorite plays.
- The DC Breeze have teamed up with the American Red Cross to host a 2021 Virtual Blood Drive. Fans across the country are encouraged to donate in the next 30 days, in the spirit of battling the on-going COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Chicago Union have announced the return of their head coach, Dave Woods, for the 2021 season.